Monday, January 4, 2010

Endlessly Entertained

I just received my Ultivillage College Championships DVD in the mail (Yes, I AM one of those suckers who buys those DVDs; I'm one of like 8 people who bought the Women's Centex DVD, so suck it). Needless to say, I have watched the shit out of it, and I have noticed that the guy who does commentary on it is hilarious.

I don't know who he is, but this is to him: Whoever you are, you said everyone's (and in this case "everyone" does in fact = "Chris HidAka", as opposed to "Chris HidEEka") name wrong. You did, however, say Jennifer's last name correctly (Weizeorick). How in the world? I think he calls Miles "Miles Cockoran", and he also says "Kyle Somerford". He got T-Bag, Kelly Foster, and Peachskis down, though (although I think once he may have called T-Bag Kelly? Well, it's an easy mistake, I think Kelly threw it to T-Bag who threw it to Peach, so close enough). He did, however, get the entirety of the Soul Patrol's names right (Walden Nelson and Denis Agniel). I think he switches up the pronunciation on Noah's last name (also Soul Patrol, I picked everyone with a knee brace), but I don't know how to pronounce it anyway, so I guess it's cool. There are a lot of hilarious mispronunciations, and my favorite is when he decides to switch up how he pronounces people's names from game to game.

Anyway, I can't even get into all the comedic commentary on the DVD, but I think my favorite was him calling Nelly Turley: Nelly Turner, Neely Turley, and then finally, Neely Turner. SO GOOD.

P.S. I think one of the highlights of the DVD is when Kelly Foster throws a high release backhand to me against UNCW, but I am about to cut towards her/I am a midget, so it just sails right over my head. Boom, toasted. Sorry Miss Foster (I am for real).

No comments: