Sunday, January 17, 2010

Back in the Thick of It

Moving back to school tomorrow, blurgh. I'm excited, but completely unprepared for everything at the same time. One good thing about it is that we're now only three weeks to Pres Day, and I can hardly contain my excitement. And yikes, I was totally MIA there for a bit. I was hoping to use this break to do a bit of writing, but obviously that didn't happen. Nothing about this break went as planned, actually. In any case, I've been back in town for a few days now, struggling to work through a lot of e-mails, messages, and mail, all in conjunction with stuff like job/fellowship applications, packing for school, getting my hair cut, getting new contacts, etc. etc. (all failures, in case you're wondering) So be patient with me!

In any case, I was just reflecting on some stuff, and I was just thinking about how lucky I am to have such amazing friends. I was reminiscing about being at Stanford two Friday's ago (creeped on Bloodthirsty and Superfly practice, whatever!), thinking about EVERYTHING that happened there, and thinking about how it changed me as a person. Even though I have incredible non-Stanford friends, what I share with those guys is so ridiculously special, and even though I don't get to see them that often, they are still some of the best friends I have. And I feel that sort of special connection with each group of my friends, y'know? "Kiss Me Thru the Phone" doesn't mean as much to my non-frisbee friends as it does to my teammates, and no one will ever understand why orange slices are so important the way the Scissor Sisters understand. The number of true friends I have isn't astronomical, but what I have with each of them is immeasurable. I feel eternally lucky to say that I closed out break by going on a trip that took me to four cities in nine days, and I got to see seven of my best friends in life. It was awesome, and I'll write about it here soon, even though it has nothing to do with frisbee. Just one step in this blog's transition to "secularism" ... and here I use "secular" to mean "non-ultimate" -- don't worry everyone out there! I know what "secular" means!

In the meantime, I'm listening to country music and writing a haphazard Rookie Guide Vol. 2. Dick shitting commences now ...

No comments: