1. Armory: I mean-mug hella hard when I run. I honestly look like I am giving birth. I'm sad that now I'll only be contorting my face when I scare little children. SIGH.
2. Irwin: One of my roommates plays rugby, the other plays softball, and I play ultimate. Among the three of us, we have a mini-Irwin in our room. Goodness I'm going to miss taking those little black bits of hatred out of my socks and shoes after every practice. It's also nice to stretch and do push-ups on the ground, wondering how many rugby players have rolled around in/spat on the exact spot you are in right now, and then when you lift your hands you find that they are downright filthy. God, don't deprive me of this pleasure!
3. Because of the dry air and the way my body has to work that much harder to produce breaths for me, I sweat a lot more when we're indoors, and my sweatbands just cannot contain my sweat. It is honestly offensive how much I sweat. But goodness do I look good doing it.
4. I leave my swass prints everywhere on the Armory floor. I love the way my sweat just permeates right on through my running shorts. It makes me feel so, I don't know how to even say it, like, just really attractive, you know?
5. The red garbage can ... my best friend ... my love. We're going to be separated for a while, but I just want you to know, that I would never, ever stick my head in anyone but you. I want you to know that. I'll miss you.
That is all.
Good riddance, Irwin, with your dry air, recycled tire bits that get into everything and stay there for weeks, and janky Asian campus rec employees who never show up on time and leave those of us who like to arrive early in the cold. Good riddance, Armory, with your ornery old men walking around the track in cargo shorts and polos, with your dry-ass air and janky Asians who insist on getting in the way of plyos, track workouts, and every drill ever. I'll see you again next January.
That being said, who's pumped to play outside this weekend (40 degrees) and then come back to school and get to practice at the complex fields?!

5 comments:
it's time for some GRASS stains
goodness meg, what are you doing checking my blog at 2:30am? (as i write this at 3am)
i win. i'm here at 4:43. boo-yah.
j-wo, your blog was a happy new visual to replace the retardations and discremeties that is grading homework until 3am so the students can have it back before sb, only to have the professor not hand it back to them.
I'm once again drawn back here to usurp some of the joy that is reading your blog.
Post a Comment