The title of this doesn't make sense, but that's okay. If you're a Brand New fan, I recommend "Fork and Knife". It's supposed to be an expansion of a demo that was leaked before the release of "The Devil and God are Raging Inside of Me", which fast became one of my all-time favorites. I've listened to this song over a hundred times and I still can't figure out what it means ... but uh, that's enough about music.
And oh my God. I promise not to consume soft drinks just because Hello Kitty is on them anymore, and I promise not to stay up until 3am frothing at the mouth on a public forum. I just won't. Sometimes I don't know how I can keep writing and writing and going and going on about nothing in particular. I apologize.
Anyway.
Centex ... what? Whoa.
I'm kind of glad my travel plans didn't work out because I think my head would have spun off had I gone.
As usual, my picks were wrong (my March Madness bracket sucks too, not surprisingly), but DAMN. The Hodags losing in pool play to Michigan, and then losing in quarters to eventual champ Florida? Stanford not even managing to win one on the first day, and Carleton dropping three? On the women's side, Washington is on a freaking tear and it's sick. With teams like UBC, Washington, Oregon, and Stanford duking it out, goodness the NW is going to be fun to watch. Oh, and then of course I was wrong even further, when UCLA beat Wisconsin in that fangirl fantasy head-to-head game I had been long awaiting. Ah well, you can't win 'em all (or any, apparently, in my case).
Oh, and because I feel bad for not picking them to do well, not that they particularly care or anything, but the Illinois men were part of COTD! And not like the Centex promo where they technically were part of a COTD, but the highlighted play was a Colorado layout D at Vegas (but it should also be noted that Illinois beat Colorado like twice).
Well before I get myself into any more trouble, off to make an 11 hour playlist on my iPod!
P.S. The MacBook Air is ridiculous. Steve effing Jobs, bro. Of all my ridiculous impulse buys over spring break (Let's just say I bought a new white dress shirt so I wouldn't have to iron the white dress shirt I already have ...), I'm glad I didn't completely lose my mind and buy this. I did, however, buy a 3lb. box of Cheez-its. Yeeeeeeeeeeees.
Monday, March 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment