- My "Top Chef" top three prediction was wrong! Bah! That doucher Kevin made top three and Kelly was sent home. I still think that if Tiffany's mussels hadn't frozen last week that Kevin wouldn't have even had the chance to go to Singapore. Oh well. Ed's finishing really strong while Angelo is stumbling a little bit, so we'll see if my Top Chef winner prediction stands. But I was right about the Asian cuisine thing though. I'm so geeked about that. Obviously, I LOVE all sorts of Asian cuisines, and seeing them eat and cook Chinese food makes me a. proud and b. really "homesick" for Chinese food. Also, I think I'd be afraid to dine with Dana Cowin for fear that she'd rip on my favorite foods (i.e. In-N-Out and T-Bell).
- Speaking of Angelo and Asian cuisine -- silly Angelo. It's not "Cantonese" -- it's Chinese (although Cantonese is the superior dialect what uppppp). People who speak Mandarin and people who speak Cantonese use the same written language, it's just that in Mainland China simplified characters are used, while in places like Singapore, Hong Kong, and Taiwan, traditional characters are used. So same characters, just more/less strokes.
- On a somewhat related note, am I the only person absolutely PSYCHED for Top Chef: Desserts? Because I'm so amped for it. It will not challenge Top Chef as my favorite cooking show ever, but I think I'm going to like it, even if I'm not huge on desserts. Also, Gail is so fierce. I like her better than Padma what?
- I was thinking to myself this morning that this weekend is going to be another big sporting weekend for all the teams I follow, and then I noticed that I've been cheering for Orange and Blue my whole life. Da Bears are orange and blue, Whitney Young is orange and blue, and the Illini are orange and blue.
- Bringing it back to my first point, the Quickfire Challenge last night on Top Chef was to make none other than ... STREET FOOD. If you know me at all, you will know that the thing I love and miss the most about China is STREET FOOD. It's cheap, it's easy, and it's sososososo unbelievably DELICIOUS. I legitimately gained ten pounds in China, probably all from street food. Some people (read: my mom) think that it's dirty and that it'll make you sick, but I must have an iron constitution because during my time in Shanghai, I ate almost nothing but street food for the last two and a half months I was there and I never got sick once. GOD I miss street food so much. I just want some god-dang ma la tang or JIAN BING or jiaozi or chuan'r. Hell I'll even take the simple fried rice with Chinese sausage and LOTS of chili powder or fried noodles with beef. Also HOT POT. With the soup so spicy that it's straight up just RED from all the chili peppers inside. Anyone wanna go on an eating tour of China with me? *hungry ass*
Thursday, September 9, 2010
More Food Than Anything
A few things:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
you're making me hungry
Post a Comment