Charges were filed, now let's hope justice is served. What were you thinking, Ed Stapinski?
true love will find you in the end, you'll find out just who was your friend
don't be sad, i know you will
but don't give up until
true love finds you in the end
Thanks, Daniel Johnston (and Beck too, sort of).]
[EDIT 5:27pm: Just watched the news, now they're saying it was my cousin who lost control of his car. Hmm. If the police officer was in fact at fault in this situation and he was in fact under the influence and the police department helps him get away with another tragedy (earlier this year, a cop got away without any charges pressed against him for the hit-and-run deaths of two people near where I live), then I will have lost all faith in law enforcement. C'mon.]
It's funny how life works. I have this calender that helps me to organize my life, and I have tabs for blog posts (what blog posts I plan to have up by certain dates). I tabbed today as my "family" post day. I had no idea how much it would mean.
While I was wasting my morning away at traffic court dealing with an asshole judge, this was all over the news. I found out upon returning home that my cousin was killed. Obviously it's very early and I'm completely out of the information loop, but they say alcohol may have been involved. We still don't even know that cop's name.
I know people make mistakes, but sir, I hope that whenever you close your eyes, you remember that this is what you gave to my family for Christmas this year.
There's this quote about family, I don't know who said it, but: "The family is a haven in a heartless world."
With each day and each obstacle life throws at me, the more and more I learn just how important my family is to me, and how much I love them.
Cherish the people you love -- I feel like they're all you've got in life.
I love you guys, probably don't say that enough.









1 comment:
J-Wo,
I'm so sorry about your cousin. Your family is in my prayers.
~Nicole
Texas
Post a Comment