Thursday, June 4, 2009

Heavy is the head that eats the crayons.

Before I open my eight year old mouth:



Don't forget.
6/4/89

_______________________
Because I have got mad swagger since my most recent practice test score showed a 10-point improvement from the one I took yesterday, I have decided that I will make another bullshit post, because this is a nice stress reliever. I like shooting the shit. I guess it also helps that I've decided that I can always just re-take the damn thing in October if I feel like it, but whatever. Expect random, antsy posts from me until The Big Day comes and finarry passes. These posts may or may not have to do with frisbee/Irrinois Menace, and they may or may not just be a product of my anxiety. In any case, you don't have to read them, which is the case with all my posts, I suppose. Anyhow.

I'm also writing to apologize for not having Natties Cuties up. The Party Van is literally scattered all over the state, and these tricks don't want to be answering my e-mails, so it looks like it's going to be pretty hard to come up with this list in a timely manner. I'm sure little to none of you are really concerned with this, but it grinds at me when I can't deliver on things that I've written/said.

Anyway, I found that I had all these random Nationals thoughts floating around in my head this afternoon. So here they are:
  • So not only did Murrles lose her toof, but I forgot to mention that I also lost my cleats at Nationals. They are those fresh to death white Predators that are sort of new-ish (bought them in ... February?). I want to say it was the second day, and somewhere between our UNCW game and our Wash U game, I just straight up lost them. Yikes. The most hilarious part is that I didn't even notice that I had lost them until it was almost time to warm up for Wash U. Fortunately, they were left unharmed at the bottom of the hill by Field 3, and I reclaimed them and frollicked back to our spot by Field 1. Good thing I didn't have to write any letters into the Booze News to get them back ... Praise be!


  • So I was watching the Oregon/UCSB semis game, and I remember seeing one of the Oregon girls take a puff of her inhaler before a point, and I fell deeper in Fugue-love. Asthma buddy! I find it hilarious, however, that my name is now synonymous with asthma attacks, and everyone seems to know this. Thanks, Wisc-bro:


    Good thing I don't care because the rest of my life is so unfortunate (disregard the quality of the video):


  • So I had forgotten about them for a while, but then I remembered that they do in fact put out the spirit rankings on Score Reporter. It wasn't a big surprise that USC won, I've enjoyed playing against them even in the sweltering heat of Central Texas on SB2K9. I'm really happy to see UCSB near the top; I always like knowing that the teams on top play fair, clean, and respectfully. That said, I'm really not surprised at the rest of the teams that are up there (Wisconsin, UCLA, Michigan, etc.). I'm pretty excited we got a 4. It would have been nicer to get higher, but I think it might have been our "Central Region, you're in the middle!" and "Northwest, also fun!" cheers that killed it for us. Welp, we tried. Also, we should have come up with the idea first to cheer to "Ignition" and/or "Kiss Me Thru the Phone". Damn. HILARIOUS that our new besties finished last. Boom, toasted. Well, it's probably pretty unspirited of me to point this out, but whatever, it's not like I won the spirit award or anything. That would be Clurious. Sorry if I show up in the picture, that's not my fault.
  • While we're at uploading Natties videos, here's one for shits and giggles.
    (Don't ask why we're/I'm talking about disrobing at the beginning of the video. It was part of a bold game of Who Would You Rather?. T-Frodo Baggins was working on a letter for Ellen, and it's hilarious how offended she is by me. Also, if you listen carefully, the conversation in the background among Fozz, Murry, and LauraNelson is quite entertaining.)

Well, those are my random thoughts for now. No doubt more will pop into my head later; rest assured they'll be up here.

Anyway.

So most of you know by now I like to get amped up before I do big things. For example, before tournaments, I like to eat sushi and listen to our tournament theme song for hours on end. I also like to watch inspirational videos on the 'Tube and educational videos about otters and/or VHS tapes of "Spice World". Anyhow, I'm the same way with studying. Now, it's my own damn fault I put off studying until a week prior to the actual exam, but either way, it's not fun. Every time I get down on studying, I get a little encouragement from everyone's favorite sexy nerd, Tina Fey:

Salma Hayek is actually hilarious.



This makes me wet myself EVERY TIME.




I love you, Tina Fey.

Welp, back to regularly scheduled non-studying.

3 comments:

Kate said...

Hahaha I could watch that drinking/chlorine/unfortunate life video on repeat for hours and still be entertained. And Alexis saying that RACH looked like she had heat stroke was priceless. Did you guys tape any kind of legitimate video at Natties?

j said...

you would *think* someone would have had the presence of mind to film us playing at nationals ... but no, that didn't happen. it's mostly footage of RACH talking about taking her clothes off, and me saying how good other people look. yikes.

Unknown said...

well RACH does like to take her clothes off a lot apparently... we never knew.