Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Sectionals, For Realsies

[[EDIT:
While I love writing to the mute masses who are either always satisfied with the shit I dare to publish or are too polite to point out when my journalistic endeavors fall short of even somewhat decent standards, I'm going to liberate you from your silence, and ask you this: Is Meg the only one experiencing difficulty with the Quicktime movie? (Is it loading? Can you play it?, etc.) Because if other people are too, then FUUUUCK Netfiles. And I'll never post anything from my Shitfiles account ever again. If you're wondering what it is, it's that movie I made for art class last semester, or, as it is unofficially known to my jock-hating classmates: "The Shit-tastic Voyage". Serves me right for wearing cut-off shirts and short-shorts to class, damn!

Also, while I'm not completely sure how windy it will be at Sectionals this weekend, I'd like to give you the Chinese 201/202 textbook's take on wind:

离离 原上草,

一岁一枯荣。

野火烧不尽,

春风吹又生。

(白居易)

The grass is growing in full bloom on the grassland,
Every year it withers and grows again.
Wild fire will not burn it dead,
It grows again with the coming of the spring wind.
(Bai Juyi)

That's deep shit.
[[/EDIT

The College Series will officially start for us in a few short days. After a week postponement, the Central Plains Sectionals will finally occur this weekend, and if you want to read up on the competition, you can go back and check it out in my Sectionals Preview post from last week.

There isn't too much to say that hasn't been said already, but take care of yourself, get enough sleep, eat well, keep hydrated, and get HYPED:


Here we go.

2 comments:

tania.reitz said...

I can see the video fine. Life just hates Meg.

mentalllygone said...

what did I ever do to you life to deserve such hatred?

oh well - if it doesn't work for me, I will delve into my trusy computer files where I have all of Joann's crazy good videos saved and watch it there :)