Monday, October 26, 2009

A Promise

I know, it's getting ridiculous, and I PROMISE that I will have the No Wisco post up in two days at the latest. I swearsies. But just a quick post.

So I have been getting into that show Glee because I heard Jane Lynch is in it, and I just really love her. So fuckin' hilarious. Anyway, I bring this up because there was this one episode where they do a version of "No Air". For me, "No Air" equals late January and all of February 2008, especially Trouble in Vegas '08. Because it's looking less and less of a possibility that we'll get to go to Vegas this year, I just keeping thinking about that tournament and all the fun shit we did. Then of course I get to thinking about 2008 as a whole, and geez, I just want to say that I fucking miss everyone on that team.

Trouble in Vegas '08
(This was taken while we were walking over to play UCLA on a different field after beating Stanford B on Saturday morning. UCLA/Arizona was still going on, and this was either just before or just after a sick NASTY Scorch layout D in UCLA's endzone, but it was called back on a foul call. Such a ridiculous D. Walking around the Strip. Cheap ass sunglasses. Meeting that one girl from Claremont, maybe?, while sitting in the hallway because we were "doing homework". Getting that phone call on the trolley, and all of us SHOUTING at the top of our lungs and subsequently calling everyone we knew. Losing to UCLA and Wisconsin by 2, I think. All my crazy ass airport stories. I'll never, ever forget TiV '08.)

Chicago Invite '08
(Tournament champs. This tournament was the debut of my bandannas, although I actually borrowed that orange bandanna from Margaret. Mahboob. Hilariously enough, me winning a Spirit Disc during one of these games. Murrles' insane defense/offense vs. Kalamazoo, maybe? I forget. Stealing all the shit after the tournament. Smores and trampoline jumping at Yen's. TEAM ASIA dominating at ping pong, obvs.)

Roll Call '08
(We did terribly this tournament, I feel like. I just remember we kept losing ridiculous ass games. I layed out straight into the ground with my face against American, and then in our last game against Maryland Yen and her biceps of steel took my ass out. Our game against Rutgers was fucking SICK. We stormed the fuck back and our intensity was through the roof. Murrles' footblock! I was screaming at the top of my lungs, "FUCK YEAH!" right on the sideline, right next to her and her girl. I remember that this was when T-Bag and I had our huge meltdown on Saturday afternoon, after all the games were over. Just lay on the field crying like a couple of babies. I remember it all too well. Last game against Northeastern. Non-trap side handler in the zone. We're working it up flawlessly. About 20 yards or so out of the endzone, I look upfield before I've actually caught the disc. Drop. Northeastern score. Shit on my dick. I explode in a fit of rage after the game, rip my bandanna off, throw it into the ground, kick it around like an asshole during the cool down jog, promptly collapse into a fit of tears after our stretching. What a baby.)

Central Plains Sectionals '08
(We went in seeded pretty high, and we just sort of shit ourselves first thing Saturday morning. UChicago came at us hard, and we escaped with a win. We played Northwestern next, and were just not ready to play. They beat us, and we lost our shot at #1. We beat Northwestern in the third place game the next day in a crazy game. I remember T-Bag went down with a shoulder injury -- was it on an O bid? I just remember that it was T-Bag/Smalls, and both made bids, and T-Bag came off the field right after that. I also remember Catherine got a bug in her eye and Goose poked around and got it out. I could be wrong about the whole third place thing, because I can't for the life of me remember who took second. I remember that Notre Dame won the section, but who took second? Eh, hell if I know.)


'07-'08 Menace, I miss you douchebags.

2 comments:

tania.reitz said...

God, i remember the roll call break down. We would do that. also, we beat northwestern to take 2nd at sectionals. That was how we avoided Michigan in pool play. And it was a D bid on Smalls....she still caught it. FML. Also, you would make me get all emotional during class. Jerkface.

Lex said...

BA HA tbagels would be reading this during class and crying. love you t.