The first of my many Sara Bareilles-themed blog posts.
Interesting.
Welp, I recently surpassed the 10,000 total visit mark on my sitemeter, so I thought I'd make it fun for you/buy myself more time while I love my job out here in California (I SWEAR, every time I sit down to write, even when it's not something ultimate-related, something comes up, like I have to do bed checks, or you have to go on Boo Patrol, or we decide to get In-N-Out at 1am, or we decide to have chats in the Tank/golf cart/Adams Tower ... trying to write when you're an overworked JSA RA is a little impossible).
I write and give people shit all the time, time for the tables to turn. You get to give me shit and make me feel uncomfortable.
There are a few stipulations:
1. You cannot write to insult my playing skills. That would just be far too easy for you. It is public domain that I am, indeed, horrendous at frisbee. You are not allowed to take the easy road and insult the obvious.
2. Because I still hope for some shot at a future someday, I cannot answer questions that I think will incriminate me (don't ask me what "pulling a J" means, and more importantly, don't ask if I've ever pulled any).
3. Don't comment anonymously. That's just weak.
Examples of things you can ask, along with my example answers:
1. Who is your biggest ultimate crush?
Tania Reitz (be still, my heart).
2. Are you gay or straight?
Neither. Just thirsty.
3. Where is your fav. place to get sushi?
Well guys, I frequent Sushi Ave. on Fourth and Green in Champaign, IL, but that's really only for the Kiss of Fire roll and their happy hour special every day. I also quite enjoy Lincoln Park's Sushi Para II, especially their BYOB policy. I recently started going to Bucktown's House of Sushi and Noodles (I would hang out in Bucktown ... who am I, Ms. Graf?), which I quite enjoy. I'd have to say some of the best sushi I've had was in San Diego, at Ra and PB Sushi. PB's spicy tuna roll is SICK.
4. Who is your favorite character on "The L Word"?
CARMEN. Oh my GOD. Are you kidding me? Or carmenychane. No, definitely carmenychane. She's not my favorite character or anything, but I'd like to point out that Bette is a lowkey pimp, and I respect that a lot.
5. Could you be thirstier?
Sometimes I think no ... but I know that I can always take it further.
6. Would you rather do Chris Brown or Rihanna?
Are you kidding me? Rihanna.
7. (Because it would be ridiculous not to ask an ultimate-related question on a supposedly ultimate-related blog) Why are you such a BD/Blu fangirl?
Well, I first got into the sport in 2007. The first team that I can ever remember being beaten by was Wisconsin at Fall Out '06. At the time, I thought my team was ballin' out of control. We had all these great seniors, and I was like, we're awesome! We're going to Nationals, whatever that is! And then we got shit on by Wisconsin, so since then I sort of looked up to them. Then I went to Natties '07 to watch, and I was lucky enough to see the UCLA/Wisconsin game, which I thought was basically the championship game. Basically, both programs play the game the way it should be played -- clean, respectful, and competitively. They play to win, but I don't think they ever sacrifice sportsmanship and respect for the game and their opponents to do so. So there ya go.
That said, have at it. Ask questions, make comments, tell me how much you hate me, what have you.
Time to tell you the truth, to burden my mouth for what I say, no pieces of paper in the way ...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
If Andy Roddick did the Andy Roddick diet and STILL couldn't beat Roger Federer, what hope is there for the rest of us?
1. Which team is going to be the biggest surprise next year (aka the next UPenn)?
2. Were your jerseys this year inspired by Budget Rent A Truck?
3. Do you squeeze your toothpaste from the end of the tube or from the middle?
4. Of all the teams you've ever played against, which is the most attractive?
5. When can we expect Natties Cutie '09?
1. Who would you want to serenade you with a song?
2. Just how thirsty are you?
3. Kill, Marry, Fuck: Alice, Carmen, Tasha?
Who is cooler: Robyn or Martha?
Post a Comment