Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Jewann's Favesies

Well so uhhhh the entry I promised last week is taking longer to write than I planned, so I'm going to take a different approach: Jewbag's Favorite Nicknames in Ultimate.

Now, here's a disclaimer: I'm only posting the nicknames I know of. Nicknames I'm not aware of didn't make the cut because of my ignorance/because I forgot them, not because they're not cool. That being said ...

First Team
Gwen "Gambler" Ambler, Fury
Kira "Mighty Mouse" Frew, UBC
Sarah "Surge" Griffith, Michigan
Jess "Venus" Huynh, Oregon
Yvonne "Cosmo" Leung, UCLA
Anna "Maddog" Nazarov, UCLA
Angie "Taz" Sanan, UCLA

Second Team
Emily "Ebae" Baecher, Michigan
Jody Do-"Zone-O", Fury (I read that once on the Fury website, and they probably don't even call her that, but I think it's hilarious)
Julie "JFast" Fast, Colorado (1. I'm not totes sure that she goes by this nickname, I just saw her referred to as JFast on RSD, and 2. I don't even know what it is about the name, it just sounds cool to me.)
Megan "Hofner's Hammers" Hofner, Illinois
Tania "T-Bag" Reitz, Illinois
Karisa "Danger" Tang, UCLA
Megan "Meagles" Tormey, Nemesis


As for the men, well, Pavan "Air Snake" Sarguru is pretty good, as is Brian "Phenom" Phelan. Oh, and anyone on Wisconsin. Fat Schlokke has always been one of my favorites (Muffin is hilarious, I don't care what the haters say).

Also, I know this isn't her nickname, but you know who has a cool name? LEAH (FUCKIN') FURY. Okay, so maybe her nickname/middle name isn't Fuckin', but it damn well could be. Leah Fury is just the most badass name I have ever heard in my life. Anyway, let me know if you know of some good ones I don't know about.

Maybe I'll hear some good ones at summer league tomorrow, before I layout D 50 year olds and sky disinterested girlfriends who have been dragged there by their boyfriends. By this, what I really mean is, before I get beat deep by some unknown Chicago club player, and before I get run-through D-ed by moms whose kids are cheering them on on the sidelines. In the meantime, I will continue to listen to U(r)sher's "Love in this Club", drink 7-11 slurpees, and watch "The O.C." on DVD. So I have terrible taste in everything. Sue me.

No comments: