Wizard! I didn't know Juno's best friend Leah played ultimate!
(Sorry, I couldn't find a picture of Ruth Emerson smiling ... also, the above pictures might not do it justice, but I really, really, really, really think the two of them look alike.)
An amalgam of thoughts and trivialities totally unrelated to the above links:
A. You know how Tucker Max wrote a book of his pickup lines because he thinks he's suave? (I don't believe half the stories he's written ever actually happened, but he's funny, so I'll give him that.) A friend of mine suggested I write a dictionary of all the ridiculous words/phrases in my vocabulary, complete with definitions, usage examples, and photos if applicable. I'm far too lazy for that, but I'm just glad people notice that my vocabulary reflects my stupidity and completely ridiculous and ludicrous personality. Joyous.
B. Word on the street is that there's this one Callahan nominee who finished in the top five of voting that has the most amazing pre-pull, game-point inspirational pep-talks. My respect for her has been taken to completely new levels. If you ever play Illinois in a tournament and it's game point in Illinois' favor and you look across the field and there's an Asian with a bandanna/sweatband on with a stupid look on her face like she's missing chromosomes/just smoked a bowl, listen for it ... you're going to hear possibly the most offensive, most vulgar, most gut-splittingly hilarious war-cry I've ever heard since "I'm going to shit on your chest!", which by the way, I DID NOT come up with. Shocking.
C. I re-watched "Spice World" last night (for maybe the second or fifth time), on another one of my VHS-adventures, and ... there just aren't enough words in the English language to describe how I feel about it. I love the Spice Girls. What? Let's talk about "2 Become 1", and that amazingly tasteful line about using contraceptives -- "be a little bit wiser baby/put it on, put it on". WOW. If you're not impressed, I don't know if we can still be friends.
D. I was watching the outdoor track championships on television the other day (turns out I have all these channels I never knew I had), and during the men's high jump, I did a double-take when "Grant Lindsey" flashed across the screen. I guess I do have plastic on the mind all the time. Geez. Also, Angela Bizzarri of Illinois, second in the women's 5000m, great run. Also, Bobby Curtis of Villanova. 5000m final. I had my eye on him for the last few laps thinking he'd pull ahead of the Colorado guy eventually and it would be a fight to the finish, but his kick was just plain amazing. Left that kid in the dust. I wish I could find a JewTube video of it but I can't.
E. Finally, I sort of wanted to let you all know something. Unless you're going to edit the sound out of your recording, people can hear everything you say in the video you make. I know it sounds intuitive, but apparently not everyone knows about it, because I hear a lot of shit talk when I watch ultimate videos. It's one thing to heckle, and it's another to just be a flat out asshole. Now honestly, what kind of garbage is that? "Do you think Kanye will think I look hype-beast?"-lookin' ass. By the way, just so you know ... no. Kanye West doesn't think you're a hype beast, and I don't think you're a hype beast. I think you're a douchebag, actually. Team 312 (773 is also okay, I guess) > you, thnxkbai.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
JWo-- if you want a picture of Ruth smiling, just come to our scrimmage in July. If you're lucky, she'll even sign the photo for you. ;)
Michelle
Post a Comment