After a tumultuous voting season that saw more votes than are even people on our team, a lot of vote changes, and a late surge in votes for other nominees, the Sectionals Baller Bids goes to Alexis. Let me set this up for you. Second place game against Northwestern. Deep ball to Tania. Alexis runs past Tania, and then proceeds to get Pavan-horizontal for that shit (!!!) and catches it, but it's out the back of the endzone, maybe? Anyway, it doesn't count. (Thanks JKo for recounting this, because after that sick layout I definitely forgot everything that preceded it). NO BIG. Same thing happens, only this is clearly a shot for Alexis. Does she let the disc drop or just sail out in front of her? FUCK no. WAY OFF THE GROUND. HORIZONTAL. SCORE. GLORY.
Now, I almost declared a winner on this one myself without setting up a poll, but for the sake of democracy, I put one up and my hunch was confirmed. Our Regionals Baller Bids winner is Melissa. Melissa was HUGE at Regionals. She was constantly energetic, constantly yelling, and constantly PUMPED AS FUCK. She was hype on the sidelines, and she was hype in the games. I can't tell you how big that Meg --> Melissa connection was in the Michigan State game. I'm willing to go out on a limb and say that Melissa's dogged pursuit of the disc, tireless cutting, and her intense play kept us in some games and helped us pull ahead in a lot of games. Also, I believe it was Melissa who caught Meg's upwind, cross-field hammer on DGP against UChicago in semis. Ballin'.
Oh my God dude, Baller Bids Nationals Edition is going to be siiiiick! If I watch enough men's games, I might even set one up for the men, but Pavan will probably win sooo ...
Speaking of Natties, 13/16, what? There's one I don't want to talk about for another year, so don't take it there unless you want me to vomit on your face and then wash it off with my tears. I was right about the race for third in the NW, but picked Stanford over Oregon (I heard it was a close game though). And out of the NE ... MIT?! WHAT. I definitely didn't see that one coming. This is my best prediction record ever!
Also, the following people will be running our team next year:
Co-Captains:
Kelly Foster '09
MaryKim '09
President:
Jayne Widhalm '09
Vice-Presidents:
Claire Wright '10
Kate Fasbender '10
Treasurer:
Debbie Schrader '10
Fundraising Chair:
Margaret E. Dunleavy '10
Webmasters/Blogger:
Maggie Dunleavy (See: Margaret E. Dunleavy) '10 and Joann Wong '10
God, what a bunch of freaks.
I'll be back with my Natties '08 women's seedings after I finish this God dang paper about fucking China. Someone remind me why I'm going there again?

1 comment:
Congrats to the new commanders. Next year is looking to be just as impressive.
Post a Comment