Friday, August 29, 2008

Let's Start This Off Right

Let me write this entry now, before shit gets real and I start getting ridiculous.

The lifting has started, the gained summer weight is beginning to shake in its boots, and practices are starting again; the anticipation and promise of a whole new season is evident. I, sadly, have not been present at any practices or morning lifting sessions yet, but that's because I'm about to go Commie (entry to follow in the coming days). I have heard though, that we've been getting a good number of girls coming out to our two practices so far, and that's exciting news. Rookies, everything we've told you is true. You'll travel the U.S. for free, basically, and you'll get to go to sweet places like Las Vegas, D.C., and Missouri (okay maybe that last one was a joke). You'll school people and win tournaments and feel on top of the world, and you'll get schooled by folks whose pictures are in UPA magazine and you'll laugh about it later. You'll win Baller Bids one week, and the next I will be putting your shit on blast on illinoismenace.blogspot.com. It will be hilarious, I promise. Ultimate is more fun than I can even explain, and our team makes it that much more enjoyable. So stick around. See what all the madness is about. Stay long enough to see how amazing this team is, and how hilarious some of the people on it are. Stay long enough to see how great the payoff is when you win that first tournament, when you've made that first break throw, when you catch that first score. Stay long enough to get that first layout D or that first layout grab, to sky the vet that's been owning your shit all scrimmage. Stay long enough and I guarantee you'll fall in love. Or well, you'll get a free shirt. That's cool too.

This is going to be one hell of a season.

No comments: